It just occurred to me that the one thing I haven't posted about yet is any kind of practical plan on how I plan to achieve my rather lofty goal. I have a few ideas that I've been playing around with over the years, but the flagship is a feature animation film, currently titled 'Iapetus'.
The film I plan to see on the big screens will be based around the following points:
- Visually inspirational, but not distractingly so
- Solid intelligent storyline, but not too clever
- Realistic human depiction, but not photographic
- Satisfying conclusion
- Several movements, a solid arc, over about 2 hours running time
- Lots of satisfying action
- Laugh out loud comic violence and black humour
- A solid main character with a human reason to drive the story forward
You'll note that none of this describes a specific storyline or theme, instead they outline the experience I want the audience to share when they see it. I'm describing the film I want to see, and the reasons I want to see it.
Next up is to create a short clip of one of the more frenetic scenes, currently titled "Bullet Wind". I'll post some storyboards on that fairly soon, followed by some concept artwork.
Feels good to be finally starting on this.